Health Services Management sees new director from CSC
As of March 19, Frederick Browne, Ph.D, the current director
for Career Services was announced to be the director for the recently formed Health Services Management undergraduate program. Health Services is a new undergraduate program for the College of Social Sciences, Health & Education and currently in its inside
Ultimate Frisbee takes on UC in another Crosstown match. Andrew Matsushita has the story on the back. Senior vice president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce visits Xavier
and speaks about immigration reform. Calesse Cardosi has the story on News. second semester. Karen Kent has been the acting interim director prior to Browne's appointment. Under Kent, the program has begun a year earlier than projected, providing a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Services with focuses on either long-term care or information management. "It's been selling like hotcakes,"
Kent said on the current popularity of the program.
Kent and Browne both served with a group to investigate the
feasibility, marketability and desire for an undergraduate degree. The group included current graduate students, Dr. Mark Meyers, dean of the College of Social Sciences, Health & Education, and Dr. Nancy Linenkugel, chair of the graduate Health Services program. Their investigative focus was if and where students can be hired with a Bachelor of Science degree immediately after graduation.
By training, Browne is a licensed
psychologist, having worked at Miami University, Northern Kentucky University, Indiana University and numerous
other organizations in health care services, career advising and psychology prior to coming to Xavier.
"It will be a little bit like coming
home for me," Browne said. "Health Care is where I hang my professional hat. My goal is to have students come out of this program knowing what they want to do and be prepared to do it so that they can get the jobs and roles that lead them to having the kind of lives they want to lead."
Ultimately, Browne wants to bring the undergraduate program to the standards of the graduate program, which has been ranked number one in the nation by Modern Healthcare.
The interim director for Career Services has not been announced, but a search will be conducted this spring, according to Browne.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE NEWS
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?