Swimming excels on Senior Day
The Xavier men's and women's swim teams came away with a pair of home wins over Wright State Saturday morning, where 12 seniors were honored for their time
as Musketeers. Seniors Sam Conchuratt, David Gordon, Landon Graham, David Maxwell, Pablo Morejon, Joseph O'Hara, Daniel Schneider, Steve Sharp, Rick Stewart, Anne Frigo, Courtney Shields and Randi Windemuller competed in
their last home meet. The women's swim team defeated
the Raiders 113-91 after a second place finish by the women's 400 medley relay team that included Carolyn Stewart, Maddie Day, Courtney Shields and Anne Frigo.
Frigo took home second place with finishes with the 400 medley team and the 200 medley team and won the women's 50 free with a time of 24.49 seconds. Freshman Mackenna Riffe finished second in the 1000 free but won the 500 with a time of 5:17.03. Olivia Wilkes and Haley Dresner took the top three spots after finishing second and third in the 500 free. Courtney Shields, Lynn Brotherton and Randi Windemuller claimed the top three spots in the 100 fly. Shields notched a time of 1:00.73 to win the race.
The men finished the meet with a 114-90 victory over Wright State. The men's 400 medley relay team helped the Musketeers with a time of 3:26.35 to break the pool record. Seniors Maxwell, Stewart and Conchuratt swam the
first three legs and freshman Luke Johanns wrapped up the record swimming anchor. The meet ended with Johanns,
junior Chad Thompson, Maxwell and Morejon breaking another pool record with a time of 1:23.85 in the 200 free relay. Morejon finished second in the same race. Thompson took the top time in the 400 IM to his daily total with a
time of 4:09.29, and Johanns took home a third victory by winning the 50 free. The Musketeers will have the next two and a half weeks to prepare for the Atlantic 10 Swimming
Championships held at the Spire Institute in Geneva, Ohio from Feb. 20-23.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
- How an Ex-College Athlete Survived His Use of...
- Frustrated Seniors Are Often Served Meals They Dislike Or...
- Help Protect The Young Adult Lifestyle
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses
- New App Promises to Revolutionize the Way We Experience Video