Swimming excels on Senior Day
The Xavier men's and women's swim teams came away with a pair of home wins over Wright State Saturday morning, where 12 seniors were honored for their time
as Musketeers. Seniors Sam Conchuratt, David Gordon, Landon Graham, David Maxwell, Pablo Morejon, Joseph O'Hara, Daniel Schneider, Steve Sharp, Rick Stewart, Anne Frigo, Courtney Shields and Randi Windemuller competed in
their last home meet. The women's swim team defeated
the Raiders 113-91 after a second place finish by the women's 400 medley relay team that included Carolyn Stewart, Maddie Day, Courtney Shields and Anne Frigo.
Frigo took home second place with finishes with the 400 medley team and the 200 medley team and won the women's 50 free with a time of 24.49 seconds. Freshman Mackenna Riffe finished second in the 1000 free but won the 500 with a time of 5:17.03. Olivia Wilkes and Haley Dresner took the top three spots after finishing second and third in the 500 free. Courtney Shields, Lynn Brotherton and Randi Windemuller claimed the top three spots in the 100 fly. Shields notched a time of 1:00.73 to win the race.
The men finished the meet with a 114-90 victory over Wright State. The men's 400 medley relay team helped the Musketeers with a time of 3:26.35 to break the pool record. Seniors Maxwell, Stewart and Conchuratt swam the
first three legs and freshman Luke Johanns wrapped up the record swimming anchor. The meet ended with Johanns,
junior Chad Thompson, Maxwell and Morejon breaking another pool record with a time of 1:23.85 in the 200 free relay. Morejon finished second in the same race. Thompson took the top time in the 400 IM to his daily total with a
time of 4:09.29, and Johanns took home a third victory by winning the 50 free. The Musketeers will have the next two and a half weeks to prepare for the Atlantic 10 Swimming
Championships held at the Spire Institute in Geneva, Ohio from Feb. 20-23.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities