Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
As we all know, Valentine's Day is just around the corner.
The Xavier Players are setting the mood with their spring productionof Songs in the Key of "Love." Songs in the Key of... is Xavier Players' new, annual musical production. Each year, the club will decide on a new theme for the
show. The director, junior Chelsea Esmeier, chose the theme of love for its first year. Ranging from cute, quirky songs such as "Pop" from The Wedding Singer to heartfelt, powerhouse songs such as the "Elephant Love Medley" from Moulin Rouge, Songs in the Key of "Love" plans to ave
the audience swaying and swooning to its tunes. The show is set in a How I Met Your Mother type bar setting in which 12 friends experience all of the different shapes
and sizes of love. A group of 12 diverse performers make up the cast. "The experience has been great," senior Alex Rogers said about the production. "This production shows what a club can accomplish on its own, and it is something
that I hope continues." Mary Bond, a first-year in the show, said, "Everyone in the show offers something different. Everyone has a different background and a unique voice type that helps make the show what it is."
Rogers will be performing "If I Didn't Believe in You" from The Last 5 Years, and Bond will be performing "Somewhere" from West Side Story. Songs in the Key of "Love" is also doing its part to benefit the community. The Xavier Players has decided to send the proceeds they
make on ticket sales each year to different charity foundations. All of the proceeds for Songs in the
Key of "Love" will be donated to the American
Heart Association. "We thought it was an appropriate choice for this show since February is Heart-Health Month
for the American Heart Association," Esmeier said. "It is our way of doing our duty to give back to the community."
Songs in the Key of "Love" runs at 7:30 p.m Feb. 14-17. in the Studio Theater. Tickets are $3 and will be on sale from
4-6 p.m on Feb. 7, 8, 11 and 12 in the lobby of the Gallagher Student Center. Experience the friendship, giddiness
and even the awkwardness of love with Songs in the Key of "Love."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
- Congress Should Make It Easier for Taxpayers Who Still...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT