Xavier Dining hosts first Valentine's Day Dinner in Hoff Dining Commons
Couples still looking for plans this Valentine's Day have an opportunity for a romantic evening, courtesy of a new program through Xavier Dining. Xavier Dining is hosting a Valentine's Day at 7 p.m. on Feb. 14 dinner in the Hoff Dining
Commons. Couples in attendance will be treated to a four-course meal designed by head chef Tom Turnbull,
complete with wait service, linencovered tables and candlelight. Guests at Xavier Dining's Valentine's Day Dinner will receive a bruschetta appetizer and their choice of either Caesar or strawberry salad. Students will also be able to choose from three entrees, including a 6-oz. pepper-crusted sirloin steak and a chicken marsala dish served with wild mushrooms. The night concludes with
a "chocolate decadence" dish served with raspberry sorbet. Clint Kernen, marketing director for Xavier Dining, said that the event is patterned after similar, successful programs at other universities. He hopes that the event will
serve as a convenient option for students who otherwise may not have a venue or plans for Valentine's Day.
"Valentine's Day seemed like the perfect evening to offer a restaurant night," Kernen said. "We wanted to offer students without cars or without time to get away from campus on a weeknight the opportunity to have a mmorable
evening and experience." Kernen also said that the night
is an opportunity to add some diversity to Xavier students' dining options. "Students are always asking for more variety," said Kernen. "Creating a restaurant night allows
us to offer premium menu options to showcase what our
campus chefs are capable of." The meal costs one meal swipe and $9.50 per person, or two meal swipes and $19.00 per couple. Students can also pay $19.00
per person or $38.00 per couple (in lieu of meal swipes) or with Dining Dollars or X-Cash. Space is limited and reservations are required. Interested couples are encouraged to go online to tinyurl. com/021413RSVP by Friday, Feb. 8 to make a reservation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities