Xavier Dining hosts first Valentine's Day Dinner in Hoff Dining Commons
Couples still looking for plans this Valentine's Day have an opportunity for a romantic evening, courtesy of a new program through Xavier Dining. Xavier Dining is hosting a Valentine's Day at 7 p.m. on Feb. 14 dinner in the Hoff Dining
Commons. Couples in attendance will be treated to a four-course meal designed by head chef Tom Turnbull,
complete with wait service, linencovered tables and candlelight. Guests at Xavier Dining's Valentine's Day Dinner will receive a bruschetta appetizer and their choice of either Caesar or strawberry salad. Students will also be able to choose from three entrees, including a 6-oz. pepper-crusted sirloin steak and a chicken marsala dish served with wild mushrooms. The night concludes with
a "chocolate decadence" dish served with raspberry sorbet. Clint Kernen, marketing director for Xavier Dining, said that the event is patterned after similar, successful programs at other universities. He hopes that the event will
serve as a convenient option for students who otherwise may not have a venue or plans for Valentine's Day.
"Valentine's Day seemed like the perfect evening to offer a restaurant night," Kernen said. "We wanted to offer students without cars or without time to get away from campus on a weeknight the opportunity to have a mmorable
evening and experience." Kernen also said that the night
is an opportunity to add some diversity to Xavier students' dining options. "Students are always asking for more variety," said Kernen. "Creating a restaurant night allows
us to offer premium menu options to showcase what our
campus chefs are capable of." The meal costs one meal swipe and $9.50 per person, or two meal swipes and $19.00 per couple. Students can also pay $19.00
per person or $38.00 per couple (in lieu of meal swipes) or with Dining Dollars or X-Cash. Space is limited and reservations are required. Interested couples are encouraged to go online to tinyurl. com/021413RSVP by Friday, Feb. 8 to make a reservation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE NEWS
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses