Emerging Artists and Music festival
Xavier University's Student Government Association (SGA) has arranged the University's first ever large scale outdoor music festival: XavierFest. The festival, which will take place
on April 26, will feature musical performances from Xavier students to nationally-known bands whose music ranges from country to hip-hop. The bands will perform on a stage
located on Ledgewood Avenue (next to Bellarmine Chapel) and festivities will also take place all over Xavier Yard.
Juniors Kevin Tighe and Margaret Gill, as well as senior Travis Moose, have been working for months to bring XavierFest to fruition. "I'm just thrilled that we finally have an opportunity to come together as a Xavier community and
celebrate the end of the year. It's going to be an awesome time for everyone involved, simple as that," Tighe said. Miller Lite and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer will be served for those students over the legal age holding a valid ID. Food vendors Yagoot and Aglamesis will be present and SGA is currently in contact with other vendors about attending XavierFest.
Xavier dining will also provide refreshments and will serve a luauthemed dinner, which students will be allowed to take out of the Hoff Dining Complex without a green carry-out box. Beverage Company Vitamin Water has agreed to be the main sponsor of the event. Other sponsors include Xavier Players, Xavier Commuter Council and Xavier University Information Systems Department.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE NEWS
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care