Emerging Artists and Music festival
Xavier University's Student Government Association (SGA) has arranged the University's first ever large scale outdoor music festival: XavierFest. The festival, which will take place
on April 26, will feature musical performances from Xavier students to nationally-known bands whose music ranges from country to hip-hop. The bands will perform on a stage
located on Ledgewood Avenue (next to Bellarmine Chapel) and festivities will also take place all over Xavier Yard.
Juniors Kevin Tighe and Margaret Gill, as well as senior Travis Moose, have been working for months to bring XavierFest to fruition. "I'm just thrilled that we finally have an opportunity to come together as a Xavier community and
celebrate the end of the year. It's going to be an awesome time for everyone involved, simple as that," Tighe said. Miller Lite and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer will be served for those students over the legal age holding a valid ID. Food vendors Yagoot and Aglamesis will be present and SGA is currently in contact with other vendors about attending XavierFest.
Xavier dining will also provide refreshments and will serve a luauthemed dinner, which students will be allowed to take out of the Hoff Dining Complex without a green carry-out box. Beverage Company Vitamin Water has agreed to be the main sponsor of the event. Other sponsors include Xavier Players, Xavier Commuter Council and Xavier University Information Systems Department.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone