Emerging Artists and Music festival
Xavier University's Student Government Association (SGA) has arranged the University's first ever large scale outdoor music festival: XavierFest. The festival, which will take place
on April 26, will feature musical performances from Xavier students to nationally-known bands whose music ranges from country to hip-hop. The bands will perform on a stage
located on Ledgewood Avenue (next to Bellarmine Chapel) and festivities will also take place all over Xavier Yard.
Juniors Kevin Tighe and Margaret Gill, as well as senior Travis Moose, have been working for months to bring XavierFest to fruition. "I'm just thrilled that we finally have an opportunity to come together as a Xavier community and
celebrate the end of the year. It's going to be an awesome time for everyone involved, simple as that," Tighe said. Miller Lite and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer will be served for those students over the legal age holding a valid ID. Food vendors Yagoot and Aglamesis will be present and SGA is currently in contact with other vendors about attending XavierFest.
Xavier dining will also provide refreshments and will serve a luauthemed dinner, which students will be allowed to take out of the Hoff Dining Complex without a green carry-out box. Beverage Company Vitamin Water has agreed to be the main sponsor of the event. Other sponsors include Xavier Players, Xavier Commuter Council and Xavier University Information Systems Department.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
- Out of This World: Challenge Open to 3D Print in Space
- Power Down the AC on National Ceiling Fan Day