Success for club baseball
As of last weekend, the team was ranked 11th in the country by the National Club Baseball Association with a record of 18-5 overall and 13-1 in conference. This team was able to sweep Wright State for the first time in club baseball history. They also put themselves in contention to
have a good shot at getting to the collegiate Club Baseball World Series. Last year's team was able to make it to the regional playoffs for the first time in club history. Compared to last season, the squad has only improved and is looking to advance even further this season. They lost one senior player while the rest of the team returned. Additionally, they have been able to pick up some new talents offensively and in their pitching rotation which have allowed the team to reach this level of success. More than anything, the team
seems to have an extremely elevated level of commitment, confidence and a stronger desire to win than they have had in the previous years. "We picked up good additions to the team. Everyone is determined to work hard and practice in order to become better. There is a lot more motivation on this
year's team," sophomore catcher Jarred Dumford said.
"We were kind of considered a weaker, mid-major type club at the beginning of my career, but now the likes of Ohio State and Alabama have reached out to play us," club baseball president Steve Rosenbaum said. This year, sophomore pitcher Steven Lembas received the National Pitcher of the Week award after he was able to pitch a full seven innings, give up no earned runs and reeled together
14 strikeouts. Rosenbaum was able to hit two homeruns in one game back in the fall earning him the National Player of the Week award. This year the team feels they have a shot at advancing through regionals and moving on to the World Series.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE NEWS
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit