This fall season's TV preview
lately? Here's a look at some shows that played on your TV screens (and laptops) last month as well as a few new shows that are premiering later this month. Three shows have entered their sophomore seasons after successful runs last year. On Sept. 20, NBC saw the return of Up All Night, the parenting sitcom starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and the always hilarious Maya Rudolph. CBS's 2 Broke Girls - my personal favorite from last year -made its season two premiere on Sept. 24, bringing back the laughout-loud humor, the fun chemistry between Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs and of course, sharp, witty dialogue. Zooey Deschanel graced viewers with her presence once again on Sept. 25 with the second installment of Fox's New Girl, a show much beloved by everyone but me. In my opinion, it's a poorly written show that's more bizarre than it is funny (and don't call it "adorkable," please). We also have some debuts that look promising and will probably be canceled soon. CBS's Elementary, sets present-day Sherlock Holmes in New York and stars Jonny Lee Miller as Mr. Holmes and Lucy Liu as his partner Joan Watson. Finally, there can be actual sexual tension between the two, unlike the silly innuendos in the Robert Downey Jr. movies. Fox's The Mindy Project, starring The Office alum Mindy Kaling, aired on Sept. 25 and chronicles the misadventures of a successful doctor struggliing with unlucky relationships. Glee creator Ryan Murphy came back again with yet another show, The New Normal (NBC), which has been causing some controversy due to its plot, which involves two gay dads and a surrogate mother. On Sept. 17, Fox premiered The
Mob Doctor, which is about a - well, you can probably guess from the title. NBC's Animal Practice, which airs on Wednesdays, is the show to watch if you ever wanted to see a sitcom set in a pet hospital. Oh, really? Neither did I. We've also got our TV veterans returning. Glee (FOX) began its fourth season on Sept.13 while The Simpsons (FOX) triumphantly
kicked off its 24th season on Sept. 30. The Office (NBC) and 30 Rock (NBC) are finally taking bows as they waltz into their final seasons. Last but not least, The X Factor (FOX), which aired on Sept. 12 and now features judges Demi Lovato and Britney Spears. But here's my question: if Spears isn't impressed by you, isn't that kind of a good thing? This month we'll also see the return of The Walking Dead (AMC) on Oct.
14, American Horror Story (FX) on Oct. 17 and the cult favorite Community (NBC) on Oct. 19. We're also due for a few
new shows, such as Chicago Fire (NBC) on Oct. 10 and Beauty and the Beast (The CW) on Oct. 11. Until then, you've got your homework to look forward to.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavier University Newswire News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE NEWS
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra's II
- Bullet to the Head misses its target
- Casual Vacany leaves the reader feeling unfulfilled
- Songs in the Key of... "LOVE" : Players' new show to be annual event
- Respect yourself first
- The future of Xavier
- An inside look into an English professor's academic conferences and conventions
RECENT THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY NEWSWIRE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!