Player Profile: Andre Walker
Published: Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Updated: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 13:01
The Xavier Newswire sat down with forward Andre Walker, a graduate transfer from Vanderbilt.
- Xavier Newswire: How did you get started playing basketball?
- Andre Walker: My dad put a ball in my hand when I was two and took me to the YMCA, just playing against other little kids trying to learn the fundamentals.
- XN: What do you feel you add to the Xavier team?
- AWAW: I feel that I add some more experience. I've been through a lot of battles, just like a lot of the seniors on the team. I feel that I have a very good understanding of the game. I feel that I bring defensive intensity and a lot of offensive awareness to the team.
- XN: What kind of music would we find on your iPod?
- AWAW: You'll find everything from reggae to hip-hop, R&B and alternative rock. I might even have one country song on there.
- XN: What's your favorite movie?
- AWAW: That's a good question. I guess I would have to say either The Other Guys or Above the Rim.
- XN: What's your favorite sport aside from basketball?
- AWAW: Probably football. I felt like I could have played a little bit. I still have those what-ifs sometimes.
- XN: What's your favorite NBA team?
- AWAW: The Lakers. I've been a Kobe fan my whole life.
- XN: You said you like to read; what's your favorite book?
- AWAW: Harry Potter, I'm not going to lie. When I put down reading, that's what I was thinking of.
- XN: Who would you say inspires you the most?
- AWAW: My mom. She passed away a couple years ago, so if I don't feel like doing anything on the court or running as hard, I use that as inspiration because I know she would want me to do my best every time.
- XN: Who is a player that you aspire to be like?
- AWAW: As far as aggressiveness, I would say my dad. He will shoot any shot in the world. From watching old clips, it would probably be Grant Hill or Kenny Hardaway.
- XN: What's something about you that not many people know?
- AWAW: I think people know I have some pretty intense tattoos, but I do know how to juggle. I don't think many people know that.